tisdag 14 april 2009

Children and the world

I think that the most important thing for children are to experience love and respect from people around them. If they do, I think they will grow up like loving and respectfull individuals who can accept and tolerate differences around them.

The main goal for us parents should be to raise our children with care, love and respect. So the children can grow as individuals, beliving themselves and become independent human beings. I want my son to grow as a person and be a loving and caring man as he grows up. I want him to be able to see all the possibilities around him. I also think that I have a responsibility to guide my son in a world where everything is moving faster and faster, were people more and more are thinking of themselves. My task is to learn him to recognize that not all of us has a good life. There are people in the world less fortunate, and we need to show solidarity to them.

Otherwise, I think that the children of today are remarkable individuals. They adapt in a society that is moving very fast and that is changing from one day to another. It´s us that need to slow things down for the children. Do we really need everything? Do we need to go on holidays abroad every year? We are the one who sets the standards. Then we accuse our children to be spoiled, when we are the one to blame.

I think that we should all take a step back and look how we live our lives. Children need time, love , respect and care. It is how we adults distribute our time that are important for how children feel today.
Some thoughts from me.
Ing-Marie Höjer

Bloggadress: studentengelska.blogspot.com

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Ing-Marie
    This was a very good text, I like the part were you write about that we think that the children are spoiled, it's exaktly the way you say it, they don't just become spoiled they have a source to blame. And that the children need love and respect is my opinion too.

    And about the writtening I don't have so much to say, the paragraphs follows the red line and you explain your own thought and different ways to look at this question.
    / Karin

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks!It was nice said of you.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I think that your writing is very interesting. It is obvious that you have reflected on this subject a great deal. I agree with you that it is our fault that kids today are seen as spoiled. It is us grown ups that have not been able to set the rules properly. I think you have perfect intentions with your own parenting, I am certain your son will turn out to be a nice young man.

    Your written proficiency without looking at the content is good. Maybe you could have written a more clear introduction were you could have presented the discussion topic. But you have used paragraphing in a suitable way I think. It is easy to follow you thoughts and you do not get carried away in your writing.

    I am no good in grammar so I think that it is difficult to point out other peoples errors. Maybe you have made some mistakes but I do not think that it bothers me as a reader that much. I found some typos but that is just a normal mistake.

    You did a nice work! Keep it up!
    Eva Alod

    SvaraRadera