torsdag 23 april 2009

My TV addiction.
Belive it or not, but I am addicted to a soap opera. I have followed it since it started in Swedish televison. None of my friends like it and thinkI´m totally mad, but I can´t stop watching. My world almost stop, every day at 17.30. No food to the children and no answerings of phones. So never call me at 17.30!! I know everything about this family, from the first wedding to the last divorce. The characters are the same but the actors have changed over the past 15 years. (which is very disturbing by the way) The actors are terrible. I can understand why I never have seen them in another movie or series. They really sucks, but somehow I JUST HAVE TO WATCH IT!!! If I would be in a gameshow this would be my topic: GLAMOUR and everything about the Forresters family.

My first TV memory was when man walked on the moon. I was only three years old and my grandmother told me: - Now, something remarkable going to happen Ing-Marie. Something that is going to change the world. Something you always going to remember
Then I saw how Amstrong were standning there with his flag. On the moon. And my grandmother was right, I have never forgotten it.

Ing-Marie H

2 kommentarer:

  1. Dear Ing-Marie,

    Thank you for an enjoyable read about TV! You write in a very engaging way that really catches the reader.

    As to the structure of your text, you don’t have a proper introductory paragraph. If your text had been longer, your first paragraph could have worked very well as such, especially if you had ended it with some kind of thesis statement. As it is now, however, there is no clear line of thought that runs through your text, and no concluding paragraph where you sum up your thoughts and make a concluding remark. On the other hand, your paragraphs very clearly deal with one idea each, which is exactly what they should do!

    For your next text, make sure to make an outline of your text before you start writing it, making sure all the elements are there. I don’t think tere will be a problem for you to write an interesting text once that part is done, since that seems to come quite easily to you! Both of your paragraphs contain topic sentences, and you make use of repetition as a linking device (in paragraph 2). However, try to make more use of transitional devices in your writing!

    As to language, think about subject-verb agreement, as in e.g. “My world almost stop” and “They really sucks”, word order in “I can understand why I never have seen them in another movie” (§307). Don’t forget a for of “be” when you use the progressive form, as in “Now, something remarkable going to happen” and “Something you always going to remember”. “On the moon.” is a sentence fragment and should have been incorporated with the previous sentence.

    Looking forward to reading your next blog!

    Best,
    Marika

    SvaraRadera
  2. your text is like Marika said very captivating. you write in the same way as you talk and i can really see you in front of me when i read your text.

    I think that both your paraghraphs are interesting but it doesn't feel like they belong together, try to make a good passage between the two. I would recomend you to begin with the second paaragraph aout your first tv memory, that was really facinating.

    i enjoyed to read about your memory and your addiction.

    SvaraRadera